Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nikon's "BIG" Announcement

Photography Bay is reporting of a few upcoming Nikon announcements, including a "BIG" one. What's not clear is what is being announced when. There is a rumor of an October 22nd announcement, in Copenhagen Denmark, of all places. Forgive me, but I'm not clear what photo-centric event is taking place on that date in Denmark. I am clear that that date is the press preview night for PDN's PhotoPlus Expo in New York City.
(Continued after the Jump)

I had to do a re-read because I thought that the "BIG" announcement graphic was for October 22nd, but, in fact, it's not. It's for WPPI's conference in Las Vegas. In fact, Nikon is - if the invite is genuine - renting out the entire MGM Arena, which has hosted many a boxing title fight. I was there on assignment covering the historic Tyson-Holyfield fight where some inappropriate noshing took place. So, perhaps Nikon was inspired by this photo we made last year when the D3 was put head to head in a battle Royale (Nikon - a first look, 12/8/07):


Curious, no?

Anyway, it looks likely we'll wait for the "main event" in February. Now if only I can get myself a ringside seat for this showdown.


If what is past is prologue, Nikon's D3x will be a 20MP+ monster. Or, maybe not. We shall see.


Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment